What is an annotated bibliography?
|– it summarizes an entire work with a brief description
– it provides a review of the literature published/available on a given topic
– it illustrates the scope and quality of the literature research you have conducted
– assists readers to decide if a source is appropriate for their research
– it can inform the reader about the accuracy and relevance of a piece of research
– it often serves as the first step in a larger research project by helping the researcher organize the material and examine the potential use of each source. It enables the researcher to gain some perspective on a topic and to identify a good research question or thesis.
The annotated bibliography will include a list of references (in standard APA format – alphabetized by author, hanging indent). A commentary follows each listed reference and should include five elements of critical analysis: purpose, summary of argument/evidence, conclusion, credibility, and evaluation or critical analysis.
There are FIVE elements to include in an annotated bibliography:
Main evidence/Argument Conclusion
You will be writing a combination of all elements with emphasis on the summative. Notes that the first four elements are non-evaluative; the fifth element is evaluative. I suggest that you confine your evaluation to how you anticipate using this article in answering your PICO question.
Define your PICO Components (These should be used to help establish your search strategy)
Intervention: Sodium Fluoride
Comparison: Sodium Monofluorophosphate
Outcome: prevention of progression of dental caries
Include only significant ideas and details
– Brevity (150-200 words per each reference; 2-3 paragraphs maximum)
– Conciseness (Make every word count)
– Use complete sentences (Not just phrases)
– No direct quotations. Use your own words. Do not cut and paste directly from a
– THREE references presented, listed in alphabetical order, APA 6th edition
Paragraph 1: purpose, main evidence/arguments, conclusion
Paragraph 2: credibility and critical analysis
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more