LONG BEACH CITY COLLEGE
Final Exam Spring 2021
Choose five of the questions to answer. Each question is worth 10 points for a total of 50 possible points. Please choose questions from five different areas of study (i.e., writing activity plans, theorists, etc.) Identify the question you are answering by the question number listed below. Each answer should be a generous two paragraphs in length and include at least one text reference. There are no “short answers” such as a one-word answer, the answers require some explanation, however, answers should not exceed one double-spaced page. Do not waste your words, state as much information you can in each answer. You may use your textbook and other materials, however, plagiarism in one answer will earn you a 0 on the entire test. This is due on Saturday, June 5th by 11:59PM. No assignments of any kind will be accepted after Saturday, June 5th by 11:59PM.
1. Is time-out a good solution to teach children? Why or why not?
2. How do biases and racism have an impact on children in Early Childhood Programs and other parts of childhood?
3. Compare and contrast discipline and punishment. What are some techniques to provide positive guidance with children?
4. Identify and define the three types of parenting styles? Acknowledge their strengths and weaknesses.
5. Why is it important for teachers and families to have a good relationship? How could this effect the child?
6. What can teachers gain from observing children? Why is it important to do so?
7. What is gender stereotyping? What kinds of messages does it send to children about gender roles?
8. As a teacher working with young children, what are some ways you would provide support to children and parents with special needs?
9. Compare and contrast the ideas of praising a child and encouraging a child? Give examples.
10. What does “DAP “mean? Explain the three core components of DAP? Explain the importance of DAP to the early learning community. Give two specific examples of how DAP benefits children.
11. What essential characteristics should educators possess to be successful and supportive teachers for children. Give examples.
12. What are some strategies for working with some challenging behaviors in toddlers?
13. Why is it imperative for young children to play and play a lot?
14. What are some environmental practices and modification that can be implemented in order to help control communicable illnesses?
15. Define multiple intelligence and explain each of the nine areas including how they contribute to a child’s development.
16. List three items you would add to the classroom to support and value family diversity. Explain how each of these items will help children, parents, and teachers create a strong partnership.
17. What is STEM and how does it work?
18. How do observations & assessments help teachers better understand young children? Explain three ways of recording observations for assessment purposes?
19. What are some ways that a teacher can participate in culturally sensitive teaching?
20. Why is being self-aware and self-reflective important tools for teachers?
21. Is it recommended to teach children two or more languages at the same time? How can teachers support dual-language learners in each language?
22. What does Piaget tell us about how the preoperational child thinks?
23. Define emergent curriculum and give two situations that demonstrate the use of emergent curriculum?
24. Explain the anti-bias movement started by Derman-Sparks. Give three examples of how situations might be handled differently in an environment that utilizes anti-bias curriculum practices.
25. The greatest portion of the young child’s day is spent in physical activity. Children need time, as well as equipment, and activities, to practice these skills. How can a quality program provide a full range of physical and motor experiences both indoors and outdoors?
26. Explain five characteristics of high-quality childcare? How would you explain the importance of high-quality care to parents?
27. What are the differences between positive guidance and punishment? How can we assist children in making better choices?
28. Define what objectives are on activity plans. What is Bloom’s Taxonomy and how are objectives and Bloom’s Taxonomy related?
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more