COURSE CODE BCO111 COURSE NAME Foundations of Business Management Mid-Term Task brief & rubrics
• This is an individual task, requiring you to address all questions in a clear manner (numbered), giving supporting, relevant examples wherever possible.
• The task focuses on areas studied to date, requiring you to show knowledge and application in the parts stated.
• You should upload a single, correctly formatted document which may also include any relevant tables and diagrams
1. Describe the skills and abilities required for performing a manager’s job. Explain the main managerial functions in the management process and
what roles managers need to effectively perform them
2. An organization’s external environment is composed of 2 distinct layers. Identify the dimensions of those environments and how they can impact an
3. Discuss the relationship between different management levels and management decision-making. How does this impact planning?
4. Identify and explain the basic elements of organizing
• Wordcount: 1000-1400 (250-350 per question)
• Note that Cover, Table of Contents, References and Appendix are excluded from the total wordcount.
• Font: Arial 12,5 pts.
• Harvard style in-text citations and bibliography
Submission: Week 4 – Via Moodle (Turnitin) by Sunday June 20th 23.59 CEST
Weight: This task is a 40% of your total grade for this subject.
It assesses the following learning outcomes:
• Demonstrate understanding of the principles of management and their applicability
• Identify and classify management functions and activities
• Understand the interdependence between the organization, its environment and the choice of organizational structures
• The interdependence between the Organisation, its environment and the choice of organisational structure.
Rubrics: It is understood that the rubrics apply to Management knowledge, application and evaluation of content covered in this course and at
this level of study
<60% Knowledge (30%) Demonstrates excellent knowledge and understanding of management concepts introduced. Demonstrates good knowledge and understanding of management key concepts introduced. Demonstrates a satisfactory level of knowledge and understanding of management concepts introduced. Demonstrates limited knowledge and understanding of management concepts introduced. Demonstrates extremely poor knowledge and understanding of the key management concepts introduced Application (30%) Analytical tools studied are applied very well and relevant insight is drawn from them. Analytical tools studied are applied well and some relevant insight is drawn from them. Analytical tools studied are applied quite well although there may be some minor misunderstandings. Fairly relevant insight is drawn. Some misunderstandings are be in evidence for one or two tools. Limited insight drawn from analysis. There is almost no attempt to apply tools Evaluation (30%) There is excellent evidence of evaluation and justification of concepts and tools There is good evidence of evaluations of and justification of concepts and tools. There is some evidence of evaluation and justification of concepts and tools. There is little evidence of evaluation and justification of concepts and tools. There is virtually no evidence of evaluation and justification of concepts and tools. Communication (10%) The management report is communicated extremely coherently, and referencing is accurate throughout The management report is communicated clearly, and referencing is accurate but there are some issues in terms of spelling and structure The management report communicates the ideas in a mostly coherent way but there are some errors and some errors in referencing which are not accurate The management report is understandable but is communicated poorly and referencing is inaccurate The management report is extremely poor in terms of referencing (inaccurate or absent) and tends to be incoherent or insufficient (length) in terms of conveying ideas
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more