Imagine you have been hired as a consultant for the United Nations. You have been asked to write an analysis of how global population growth has caused the following problem and how it affects climate change or population growth in a developing country of your choosing:
A growing global population that consumes natural resources is partially to blame for the release of greenhouse gases since human consumption patterns lead to deforestation, soil erosion, and farming (overturned dirt releases CO2). However, the critical issue is the burning of fossil fuels (hydrocarbons) such as coal, oil, and natural gas to produce energy that is used for things such as electricity production, and vehicle, heating, and cooking fuels.
The UN has asked that you choose a developing country from this list: https://www.mrs.org/developing-countries-list.
The UN has also given you the following guidelines.
The UN has asked that your paper contain three sections. It has asked that each section be one page (or approximately 300 words) in length and answer specific questions, identified in the outline below. The UN also asks that you use examples from your developing country when answering the questions.
Provide an introduction (a half-page minimum) that addresses points a-e below.
a. Explains the problem the UN has asked you to address in your own words;
b. Identifies the three sections your paper will cover;
c. Identifies the developing country you will consider;
d. Tells the UN which causes of greenhouse gases you will explore; and
e. Provides a one-sentence statement of your solutions at the end of your introduction paragraph.
Section I. Background
a. What are greenhouse gases?
b. How do greenhouse gases contribute to global warming?
Section II. How Emissions Cause Problems for the Developing World
1. Which countries produce the most greenhouse gases?
2. What are the economic challenges of these emissions (include examples from your chosen country)?
3. What are the security challenges of these emissions (include examples from your chosen country)?
4. What are the political challenges of these emissions (include examples from your chosen country)?
Section III. Causes of Greenhouse Gases and Solutions to the Problems Greenhouse Gases Cause
a. Name two causes of greenhouse gases.
b. What are the potential solutions that address each of the causes you identified?
c. What is the relationship between population control and greenhouse gas emissions?
· Provide a conclusion (a half-page minimum) that includes a summary of your findings that the United Nations can use to inform future policy decisions.
· In answering each question, use examples from your developing country to illustrate your points.
· The UN needs facts and objective analysis on which to base future policy decisions; avoid personal opinion and make sure your answers are based on the information you find through research.
· Make sure your paper consists of four to six pages (re: 1,200 words minimum, not including the cover page, reference page, and quoted material [if any]).
· Create headings for each section of your paper as follows:
. Section I. Background
. Section II. How Emissions Cause Problems for the Developing World
. Section III. Causes of Greenhouse Gases and Solutions to the Problems Greenhouse Gases Cause
· Use and cite at least five credible sources in your research. A list of potential resources is available below.
· Make sure your paper contains both in-text citations and a source list, per SWS guidelines: Refer to the Strayer Writing Standards (SWS) document for reference.
· Include a cover page with your name, the country you selected, the date you submitted the paper, and your instructor’s name.
1. George Gitlitz. June 19, 2018. Opinion: The Pernicious Climate Dictum-Don’t Mention Population https://www.berkeleyside.com/2018/06/19/opinion-the-pernicious-climate-dictum-dont-mention-population
2. Gemma Tarlach. July 19, 2018. Mass Extinctions. http://discovermagazine.com/2018/jul-aug/mass-extinctions
3. Larry LeDoux. 2018. Does Population Growth Impact Climate Change? https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/population-growth-climate-change/
4. Bill McKibben. November 22, 2018. A Very Grim Forecast. https://www.nybooks.com/articles/2018/11/22/global-warming-very-grim-forecast/
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is as follows:
· Evaluate the impacts of population growth and its negative impacts on global societies while considering multiple perspectives.
We confidently assure you high-quality work. We engage a number of strategies in to guarantee top-level assignments. The projects go through a thorough system of control prior to being submitted to the customers. Studentscoursework.com guarantees that the assignments delivered are 100 percent plagiarism-free.
We never share or resell customer’s work. Therefore, once it is checked using our plagiarism software, the assignment will be original. In terms of assignment completion, we adhere to the guidelines given by you and assign the work to the most suitable writer. We assign our writers based on various factors such as academic qualification, previous customer feedback, etc.
First and foremost, we provide high-quality work. However, in case you require extra-brilliance, here is what you can do. First, select a top writer who is proficient in a certain discipline. Second, you can seek our editing services.
Our team of editors revises the assignments, checking them to ensure they comply with the standards of academic writings. Additionally, editing may entail refining the language, adding more reference material, and making sure the formatting part is properly done. The editors may also enhance papers completed by yourself in to meet your needs.
We guarantee the following quality in our work to you:
We use the following tools to crosscheck our assignments:
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more