· Discussion prompts: Answer 2 or 3 questions out of the 5 questions using the resources provided and/or your own research.
· Your responses should be in a well-developed paragraph (350-500 words), and they should include evidence-based research to support your statements using proper citations and APA format!!!
· Add new informative content regarding to their topic that is validated via citations.
1. Although anxiety disorders are widely seen in children and adolescents, they do not receive as much attention as other disorders, such as ADHD. What do you suspect is the cause of this? Cite two sources to support your reasoning.
2. What role and responsibility do the parents and caregivers hold in the development of pediatric anxiety? If you were working with parents/caregivers, how could you help them to establish a fostering and productive environment for a child experiencing anxiety? Cite two sources to support your reasoning.
3. Treating anxiety can sometimes include exposure therapy, however for many suffering with anxiety this can be scary and triggering. How would you help children, and their parents better understand this intervention? How could you avoid long term exacerbation of the anxiety disorder? Cite two sources to support your reasoning.
4. After reviewing the resources on ACEs, how might you change your practice based on the information you learned? What may be some barriers to enacting these changes in your current clinical setting? Cite two sources to support your reasoning.
5. Does social media have an impact on children and adolescents who suffer from social anxiety disorders. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of the use of social media, and advice that you can give to patients and parents regarding the use of social media. Cite at least two sources to support your reasoning.
In this discussion, we will take a look at anxiety disorders in children and adolescents, the parental role within the development of anxiety, the treatment of anxiety, the effects of adverse childhood experiences (ACEs), and ways for children and teens to cope with anxiety. Anxiety disorders are among the most common psychiatric conditions in children and adolescents with a prevalence 9% and 23%. Often occurring with other anxiety disorders, depression, and behavioral disorders, they may have a negative impact on school and social lives of the children and adolescents affected (Creswell at al., 2014). Anxiety disorders are characterized by fear, worry, or dread that greatly impairs the ability to function normally and that is disproportionate to the circumstances at hand. Anxiety disorders emerge in about 3% of 6-year-olds and in about 5% of teenage boys and 10% of teenage girls (1–3) (Bhatia & Goyal, 2018). Children with an anxiety disorder have an increased risk of depression, suicidal behavior drug and alcohol addiction, and academic difficulties later in life (CDC, 2020).
Anxiety disorders that can develop in children and adolescents include
• Generalized anxiety disorder
• Panic disorder
• Separation anxiety disorder
• Social anxiety disorder
• Specific phobias
Anxiety may result in physical symptoms. Diagnosis is clinical. Treatment may include behavioral therapy and/or pharmacotherapy, usually selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs).
Bhatia, M. S., & Goyal, A. (2018). Anxiety disorders in children and adolescents: Need for early detection. Journal of postgraduate medicine, 64(2), 75–76.
CDC (2020). Adverse childhood experiences.
Creswell, C., Waite, P., & Cooper, P. J. (2014). Assessment and management of anxiety disorders in children and adolescents. Archives of Disease in Childhood 99(7), 674-678. doi: 10.1136/archdischild-2013-303768
Resources: In addition to any of your own research, please use the resources below to help answer the discussion prompts.
1. Please review this article regarding the assessment and treatment of pediatric anxiety disorders.
Freidl, E. K., Stroeh, O. M., Elkins, R. M., Steinberg, E., Albano, A. M., & Rynn, M. (2017). Assessment and Treatment of Anxiety Among Children and Adolescents. Focus (American Psychiatric Publishing), 15(2), 144–156.
2. Please review this article regarding psychotherapy treatment of pediatric anxiety disorders.
Schopf, K., Mohr, C., Lippert, M. W., Sommer, K., Meyer, A. H., & Schneider, S. (2020). The role of exposure in the treatment of anxiety in children and adolescents: protocol of a systematic review and meta-analysis. Systematic reviews, 9(1), 96.
3. Please review this article on social media behavior and mental health disorders in adolescents.
Muzaffar, N., Brito, E. B., Fogel, J., Fagan, D., Kumar, K., & Verma, R. (2018). The association of adolescent facebook behaviours with symptoms of social anxiety, generalized anxiety and depression. Can Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 27(4), 252-260. Retrieved from
5. Please review the CDC website regarding the ACE study.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more