Strategic Management Project Background
Page 2 of 2
Read the Strategic Management Project Background document (BELOW)
Review the resources listed at the end of this assignment along with the terms and concepts discussed this week to prepare for this assignment:
· strategic management
· competitive advantage
· strategic plan
· mission statement
· vision statement
· core values statement
Create a Word document and title it Strategic Management Research Journal Part 1.
Write a 500- to 700-word response to the following prompts as your journal entry:
1. Justify the guiding principles required for preparing effective statements that describe the mission, vision, and the core values of an organization as covered in the assigned reading.
2. Compare whether Caterpillar Inc.’s mission, vision, and core values conform to the guiding principles in the text and support organizational strategic planning principles as justified in prompt #1. Refer to the Caterpillar Inc. website listed in the Resources section below.
3. Assess what Caterpillar Inc.’s current competitive advantages and disadvantages are by considering their business partners, allies, and general operations. Research the assignment resources listed below. Based on your research, evaluate Caterpillar’s current competitive advantages and disadvantages.
The intention of the Strategic Management Project is to provide you practical experience with the elements of strategic management. The project is spread across the 5-week period of the course. Weeks 14 provide an opportunity to put key terms into practice by appraising the strategic planning elements of Caterpillar Inc. through documentation in the Strategic Management Research Journal. The Week 5 concluding assignment showcases your understanding of strategic management and improvement in the formulation of a presentation to Caterpillar Inc.’s leadership team.
For purposes of the Strategic Management Project, you will operate as if you are a new hire at the Caterpillar Inc. headquarters in the role of Assistant Strategic Development Analyst.
Assistant Strategic Development Analyst Job Description
· Maintain a Strategic Management Research Journal in which you:
· Appraise Caterpillar Inc.’s corporate data, competitors, and associated business information.
· Document background information to include previous and current strategic management of Caterpillar Inc.
· Assess the strengths and weaknesses of strategic management of Caterpillar Inc., based on your analyses, and provide information in a presentation to Caterpillar Inc. leadership.
· Recommend strategic management actions to ensure future success in a presentation to Caterpillar Inc.’s leadership team.
About Caterpillar Inc.
The following is derived from the Caterpillar Inc. website:
Caterpillar Inc. is a leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines, and diesel-electric locomotives. Caterpillar’s enterprise strategy focuses on solutions to help customers build a better world and allows the company to deliver profitable growth for their shareholders. The company’s corporate governance program ensures they serve the interests of stockholders and other stakeholders with the highest standards of responsibility, integrity, and compliance with all laws. Caterpillar’s global presence, product breadth, and financial strength enables the company to be competitive in today’s global marketplaces.
Copyright 2020 by University of Phoenix. All rights reserved.
Copyright 2019 by University of Phoenix. All rights reserved.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more