To encourage critical thinking, problem solving, and collaboration through the use of evidence-based practice studies.
Course outcomes: This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes.
CO 1: Examine the sources of knowledge that contribute to professional nursing practice. (PO 7)
CO 2: Apply research principles to the interpretation of the content of published research studies. (POs 4 and 8)
CO 3: Identify ethical issues common to research involving human subjects. (PO 6)
CO 4: Evaluate published nursing research for credibility and clinical significance related to evidence-based practice. (POs 4 and 8)
CO 5: Recognize the role of research findings in evidence-based practice. (POs 7 and 8)
Preparing the assignment
1. There are five (5) main topics and the accompanying studies identified under the Evidence-Based Practice tab. The main topics and accompanying studies are listed in the table below.
· Select ONE topic from the list below.
· Search for your own ONE Primary Research study that addresses this topic
· Review article to summarize the required information
· Write the paper with the required headings in APA format
· Must include in-text citations
TOPIC 1: Evaluating Nutritional Status: What methods can be used to assess nutritional status?
TOPIC 2: Identifying those at risk for malnutrition: What methods can be used to identify those at risk for malnutrition?
TOPIC 3: Malnutrition associated with specific health conditions: What specific health conditions increase the risk of malnutrition?
TOPIC 4: Outcomes associated with nutritional status: What associations exist between nutritional status and health outcomes?
TOPIC 5: Interventions to improve nutritional status: What type of interventions improve adherence to recommendations on nutritional intake?
Introduction and Key Points (10 points)
· Select one topic from the five main topics and then describe your specific research question
· Defines the topic and question (overview)
· States why this is a problem (significance)
Article Search (25 points)
· Describe current (less than 5 years) and credible resource
· What database was used, include search teams and methods
· Number of articles located
· Were any sources outside of the ATI module used?
Article Findings (25 points)
· How does this article address the topic
· What type of research was conducted (quantitative, qualitative, mixed-method)
· Describe all findings of the article
· Why was this article chosen specifically?
Evidence for Practice (25 points)
· Briefly summarize the findings/evidence
· How will this evidence improve practice?
· How will this evidence decrease a gap to practice?
· Any concerns or weaknesses located in the evidence?
Sharing of Evidence (25 points)
· Who would you share this evidence with?
· How would you share this information?
· What resources would you need to accomplish sharing this evidence?
· Why would it be important to share this evidence with the nursing profession?
Conclusion (20 points)
· Summarizes the theme of the paper
· Information is presented in a logical sequence
· All key points are addressed
· Shows depth of understanding of topic
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more