Reading Response Paper
Your reading response paper will replace your final exam and is due on Saturday, June 5th at 11:59pm. You will respond to ONE assigned reading of your choice (any assigned reading from weeks 1-10 as listed on the syllabus).
– In 750-1000 words double-spaced, briefly summarize and describe the assigned reading. (this summary should be in your introduction paragraph/one paragraph max).
– Reflect on and analyze some part/parts of the reading. This can be part of the reading that most interested you, confused you, etc. Make sure to explain what the section(s) of the reading you’ve chosen reflects about the reading overall.
– Make an argument that explains: a) why you’re writing about the part(s) of the reading you’ve chosen, b) how you’re analyzing or making sense of what you’ve read, and c) why you agree, partially agree, or disagree with the author.
– Your thesis statement (main argument) should be in towards the end of your first paragraph and should be approximately 1-2 sentences. Put your thesis statement in bold.
– Note that this should NOT be a compare and contrast paper. However, it is appropriate and encouraged to make connections to the lectures and other course readings when applicable, as long as your paper clearly focuses on one reading.
– Use at least three key terms/or concepts from class/or the readings in your response. Put these terms in bold.
– Please format these reflections so that your argument is clear to the reader.
– Grading: These assignments are graded out of 30 points. A top grade will reflect solid
understanding of the material; the ability to state the author’s ideas in your own words; a clear
analysis of the reading; a compelling argument based on this analysis; relevant connections to the course; and no grammar or spelling mistakes that impair comprehension.
– Papers that go over or under the word count are subject to grade penalties. Headings, titles, citations, etc. don’t count towards your length. A works cited page or bibliography is not required; do not use outside sources. Consult your TA with any questions.
No late submissions will be accepted! Please plan accordingly.
I have attached the assigned reading for this paper INTRODUCTION – FROM PATMOS TO THE BARRIO PP. 1-12.
The three concepts that would be put in bold for this paper are:
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more