Chapter 3 is a good review of counseling theories and the counseling process. Chapter 5 is on psychoanalytic counseling which should be a good review of Freudian theory coupled with specific applications in counseling children. Chapter 6 covers Person-Centered counseling. I used the person-centered techniques of unconditional positive regard and empathy while I was a pastor and long before I studied them as part of a theory. I still find them useful in working with high students and their parents .
Please post your responses to the following questions.
Chapter 3: The Counseling Process
· List the 4 ways the textbook classifies the theories and interventions presented in the book based on the point of intervention and list the theories associated with each classification.
· Based on your previous study of these counseling theories, which theory (or theories) do you think you would prefer to use with children and adolescents? Why?
· Counseling process: Outline the six step counseling process found in the textbook. Under each step list 2 or more of the universal skills (pp 84-85) that are appropriate for each step.
· In your opinion, is there one step that is most important in the counseling process? Please share why you think this is so.
Chapter 5: Psychoanalytic Counseling
· List 6 defense mechanisms. (Fixation, acting out, withdrawal, intellectualization, displacement, regression) Give an example of each one. Which one do you use the most?
· What is Psychoanalytic Play Therapy and its purpose? Why and how would you as a therapist use it with a child?
· Have you ever used Play Therapy and did your use of it differ from the psychoanalytic approach in the textbook?
Chapter 6 Person-Centered Counseling
· According to Landreth, child-centered counselors concentrate on six major items. List these items.
· What is the major technique of child-centered counseling?
· What type of situations you might face in counseling a child would call for child centered counseling?
· List and explain the ways Landreth proposes to evaluate child-centered play therapy.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more